Extreme hair loss after Henna and Dye, help?

Here you can find all the answers for hair loss(why and how to).
cocohugyou

Extreme hair loss after Henna and Dye, help?

Postby cocohugyou » October 8th, 2016, 9:11 am

Hey there! So, basically September-ish of last year, I had a healthy, totally virgin pixie cut. I decided to use henna (the purest one I could find) and it really didn't change the tone at all, so a few weeks later I got a box of Revlon hair dye and used it. I'd used that dye before in the past, multiple times throughout the years and I never had any issues with it at all. But this time, after I rinsed it out a tun of my hair fell out as I was rinsing. After that day, my hair shed in excessive amounts and it seemed to get worse and worse over time. My hair is sill growing at a normal rate, I know this because it started as a short pixie / boy cut and is now almost to my shoulders.. but it has dramatically thinned and is still progressively getting worse. I have NEVER experienced this before. In the past I've even totally fried my hair to the point of it becoming crispy/gummy but it never shed this much! :(
I've used semi permanent dyes on my hair since then (like manic panic) and bleached a few small strands just around my bangs.. but the hair loss is coming from all around my head. When I wash my hair, or even finger through it, hundreds of strands come out. I probably loose over 500 strands a day. :o
My hair started out VERY thick, but now, i can see how thin it is at my roots, you're starting to be able to see my scalp. It doesn't seem like the hair loss is letting up, it gets worse every day. Before ANY of this, i would rarely loose even a single strand. I'm getting really scared I'm going to be bald within a couple months. Does anyone have any advice?
I'm almost certain that it's a result from using a permanent dye over henna, I'm not sure. I'm a healthy 22 year old female.. I really don't know what to do at this point. I'm considering shaving my head and buying a wig...

*also I want to add that I only use natural shampoos and conditioners that have no chemicals in them~

Return to “Hair Loss”