How to Get Salon-Worthy Hair Color at Home
Posted: December 2nd, 2016, 8:41 am
1. FOR PERMANENT RESULTS: L'ORÉAL PARIS SUPERIOR PREFERENCE MOUSSE ABSOLUE
Shop for a product that combines pigments with a hydrogen peroxide-based developer; the chemical blend penetrates into the structural level and produces a hue that won't disappear until your next dye job. If applied sloppily and without gloves, the dye will stain your skin.
2. FOR SEMI-PERMANENT RESULTS: CLAIROL NATURAL INSTICTS SEMI-PERMANENT HAIR COLOR
Test-drive a shade that's two to three tones away from your natural color with a semipermanent blend, which can last through dozens of washes. Since these dyes coat only the surface, they're super-gentle, making them ideal for those with damaged or thinning hair.
3. FOR A SHINE BOOST: JOHN FRIEDA COLOUR REFRESHING GLOSS
Demi-permanent glosses deposit enough dye to brighten your tone without lifting away your existing color. A weekly in-shower application wards off brassiness for a healthy, lacquered finish.
4. FOR ONE NIGHT ONLY: IGK AMARO OMBRÉ HIGHLIGHT SPRAY
5. FOR CORRECTING DYE MISHAPS: FEKKAI APPLE CIDER CLARIFYING SHAMPOO
If you’ve left your hair dye on too long, Hit pause on your Scandal marathon and reach for a clarifying shampoo such as Fekkai's bottle. Apply it like a mask and allow the formula to sit for five to 10 minutes. "Since these shampoos are astringent, they can often strip away excess pigment," says N.Y.C. colorist André Viveiros.
Ideas from http://www.instyle.com/