25 year old !

say hi to everyone and we want to know you more
arron123

25 year old !

Postby arron123 » November 23rd, 2016, 9:00 am

So, here we are!

I'm a 25-year-old with everyday stress just like everyone else. I have a full-time job and a child who I take care of alone most of the time since my partner travels for his work.

I shockingly noticed my thinning in August 2016 when I parted my hair down the middle and looked into a mirror at work. Honestly, I felt like I was hit by a train. I kept going back to the mirror to make sure I had seen everything correctly. Then I HAD to admit something was wrong. I was ignorant on this topic and didn't really know female hair loss was even a thing!

I was in denial for a long time, trying to make excuses that would prove to me that it was caused by something temporary, but blood tests at my general doctor and dermatologist proved that everything was just fine. I wasn't even vitamin D deficient like a lot of women are. Just like you, probably, I scoured the internet high and low for information and answers.

I wouldn't say I have an extensive history of hair loss in my family. My father and his brothers are the only ones (they inherited this from their father). Everyone else, including my 3 other grandparents have gorgeous hair. I have 3 older brothers (the oldest is 10 years older than me) who each also have a full head of healthy hair. Why me, right? 25% chance landed on me, despite me being a female! And at 25!! I went through a pretty dark grieving period; every time I would find hair on my clothes, I would immediately get hit with anxiety that would stick to me like glue for at least the rest of the day. Sometimes I wake up feeling fine until I stroll in front of a mirror and see the reality. I can go on and on about how terrible some things were but I am feeling generally better now, although I still have some ups and downs. I have to keep telling myself that I still am who I am. I am still a wonderful parent, partner, and beautiful woman. If my hair gets terribly thin, I'll just shave it off and try my best to be a strong person. Sometimes I'm strong enough to not care, other days it cripples me and I hate to go to work and be seen by anyone. I usually walk while looking down at my feet but now I'm too self conscious to do that and show the top of my head, things like that...

It is definitely the worst when I part down the middle.
I get by by parting my hair on the side, which worked well for some time but the continual thinning is becoming more and more noticeable. For some reason though, the area right above my ears is also terrrrrribly thin. Anyone else have this weird pattern?

Well I hate to ramble on so here is the bottom line: It doesn't fall out in clumps. Sometimes only 10 fall out during my morning routine and sometimes it's 20, 30, 40. Rarely more than that. I guess it's just a gradual shedding but and perhaps that's what allowed it to creep up on me. Perhaps the AGA was working for years but I didn't know I was supposed to be worrying.

I started taking Biotin, Daily Vitamins, Vitamin D, Iron, and Fish oil supplements in October 2016 because I thought, "well perhaps it doesn't help but it can't really hurt, either." I didn't really notice any improvements in my hair loss with the vitamins, but I will continue to take them.

Return to “Tell us about yourself”